Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for those who are practising within the sector, or who have a significant amount of knowledge and understanding and who now wish to consolidate that experience with a formal qualification. The course is a 120 credit qualification, accredited by the Ofqual awarding organisation, Learning Resource Network.
The course is taught in two parts:
- Part A, includes 4 modules studied online by distance learning and assessed by 4 written assignments. ( 3000 – 4000 words each)
- Part B, requires students to obtain a suitable placement to complete their practical classroom training. A placement can be in a school, college or community group. There must be a mentor at the placement who is able to support and verify the students work.
The course prepares students to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice, on successful completion of this course students will be able to plan and develop schemes of work, develop teaching and learning strategies and effectively teach in public/private schools, colleges and universities in many countries all over the world.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in schools (State/Academies) further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
1. Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
2. Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
3. Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
4. Wider Professional Practice
5. Understanding and Managing Behaviour in a Learning Environment
6. Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area
7. Evaluating Learning Programmes
8. Managing Learning and Development in Groups
9. Inclusive Practice
Level 5 Diploma course enables students to become teaching assistants or to work as a teacher in independent schools or Post-16 education colleges in the UK. From either of these Students can apply for Professional Certificate in Education (PCE) or Certificate in Education (CertEd) courses which will lead to Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status. This is equivalent to QTS in England and thus allows access to opportunities to teach in state schools.